Krieghoff International is looking to add a full-time gunsmith to our Ottsville, PA location. Join our team of exceptional craftsmen with a dedication to providing a first-class customer experience for the shotgun enthusiast. On-the-job training, focused on Krieghoff firearms repair and service, will be provided by our team of Master Gunsmiths. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Repairs, modifies or re-furbishes break-open shotguns and other Krieghoff firearms with the use of hand tools and traditional gunsmithing skills.
- Service, diagnose and if needed repair Krieghoff firearms and return them to a satisfactory working condition.
- Test fire guns and adjust for proper functioning and accuracy.
- Maintains clean, neat, and orderly conditions in all areas, including the shooting range and machine areas.
- Adheres to all safety and security standards.
- Occasional travel, weekend work and overtime required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All candidates must possess gunsmithing degree from a Gunsmithing School or accredited college.
- Previous work experience on break-open guns preferred.
- Proficiency with manual mills, lathes, custom jigs, soldering and brazing operations, bluing tanks, and a variety of other machines commonly used in the gunsmithing craft.
- Proficient learner and listener while taking direction from Senior Gunsmith during training process.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Mechanical aptitude – Demonstrates an understanding of how things work and the ability to perform or operate mechanical applications.
- Skilled in use of hand files and chisels.
- Candidate must pass a NICS/PICS check.
- Working Knowledge of OSHA and EPA safety rules and precautions.
- All candidates must be personable and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
To apply, contact Don Baughman, Manager of Technical Operations at 610-847-5173 or firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter with salary expectations.